Today's update features some exciting new capabilities. For the first time FeedsAnywhere supports some touch screen gestures that will, hopefully, improve your mobile reading experience. If, for some reason, the presence of gestures is causing you problems there is a disable switch in the settings. I also added disable for favicons.
- Swipe left to expand or collapse the item while in Title View. This is especially useful when reading a long item that you want to get past because you won't have to scroll to the bottom before closing it.
- Long (edge-to-edge) swipe left will open the original URL.
- Swipe right will either mark the item read or unread.
- Pinch open will increase the font size.
- Pinch close will decrease the font size.
One note about the pinch gesture is that I've only found it to work on the iPhone so far, although presumably it would work on the iPad as well. I'm not sure if it is a limitation of some of the Android phones, or if there is a limitation to the library I'm currently using.
Don't worry if pinch doesn't work though, because a couple icons have been added to the bottom of the settings menu (wrench icon) that will also do it. This is the method if you want to change font size using a mouse. One difference between changing fonts and other settings is that it is specific to the browser and not a setting being saved on the server.
The final item you will notice are some smoother animations when expanding and collapsing items.